Learn how to add a Homepage to your auction
A Homepage is handy for introducing your bidders with additional information about your organization or thanking sponsors. It can be whatever you want it to be!
To add a Page:
- Go to CMS (Content Management System) in the top menu and then choose Pages from the dropdown list.
- In the upper right, click on the blue button that says Add New Page to start creating your page.
- You will be taken to a form to set up your page. First give it a Page Title. This is a name that you will need to recognize later, so be sure it labels your page properly in case you want to have multiple pages. It will also be used in the breadcrumbs (e.g. homepage/mypagename).
- Next your page needs a name (may be alphanumeric), called the URL Key. This name will go at the end of your auction URL (e.g. https://www.winningcause.org/myorgid/mypagename) and you will use the URL to link to your page from your auction home page. This can be done with a Static Block (instructions to set up a static block are in another setup guide).
- Leave the status as Enabled.
- Select a Layout. By default, it is set to a 1 column layout, but you can play with the different layouts and see how they look on the website after saving. To test different layouts, just edit this setting, save and return to the website to see the changes. The recommended layout is 2 columns with left bar because that will display your organization’s information next to the content.
- Now the fun part–use the WYSIWYG editor to create the look of your page. Here you can add text and format it as desired, add images or other media, and even add scripts from third party services.
- Click on the green Save Page button in the upper right.
Now to make this Page your Homepage:
- Go to Configuration in the upper right.
- You’ll find a setting called CMS Home page with a drop down menu.
- From that drop down menu, select the Page you just created.
- Click on Save Config to save the new configuration.