If you have multiples of an item, you can easily Duplicate it to save time!
When you have multiples, most of the information in the duplicated products will be the same as the original. Learn how to duplicate a product to avoid having to enter the same information multiple times.
To Duplicate a Product:
- In your Auction Admin Panel, Go to Catalog in the upper menu and click on Manage Products in the dropdown list.
- Click on the Edit button for the Product you want to Duplicate.
- Click on the blue Duplicate button to proceed.
- You will see a green alert at the top notifying you that your product has been duplicated, if successful.
- Select the current Auction Event for your duplicated Product.
- Click on the General tab. Enter the Item Number–this is the number used to organize your items.
- If different from the Original Product, adjust the Name, or title of the item.
- Next you will need to address Shipping, if different from the Original Product.
- Click on the Auction tab. You will see several fields to complete. Start with choosing your Country, then your State/Province from the dropdown menus. These values are used to display the location of your items, should a winning bidder prefer to pick up their item and avoid shipping fees. Also, this will inform a bidder (before they bid) the location of an Auction Item if the Product was set to Pickup Only and they discover they are nowhere near the location of the item to pick it up.
- Enter the name of the Donor. Note, there cannot be any html (hyperlinks) added here, those should be added in the Description of the Product. If no donor, Anonymous works well as a value. Also be careful not to put the name of a consignment vendor here, Anonymous is more appropriate and will avoid any conflict with your consignment vendor.
- Enter the Estimated Value. This value should be as close to the researched retail value you can find–keep in mind that your donors can research this value and will know if it has been artificially inflated. It is in your best interest to find an accurate value.
- By entering the Estimated Value, the Starting Price will be auto filled with a value that is 20% of retail value. That is our default setting because we have found 20% to generate the best results by creating the most bidding activity, resulting in higher winning bids. If, however, the item is a consignment item, then you should either start the bidding over cost (so you receive at least some funding from the item if it sells), or use a Reserve, setting that at the same value you would set the Starting Price. Leave Reserve blank if you have no cost associated with your item.
- The Bidding Increment is also auto filled based on a predetermined table. You can adjust it to suit your preference.
- Click on Categories (Categories can be created following the steps in Advanced Settings at the end of the steps) in the upper left. Select the categories that apply to your product. Categories are not required.
- Click the green Save button.